RANG BIRANGI RANGOLI - 2019
(Rangoli / Kolam competition for the Harvest festival)
Its Pongal, Sankaranti, Lohri, Basant Panchami... Festive mood has set in! Its time to throw out the unwanted and welcome the new! Think Harvest Festival and what flashes to our minds are the fresh harvest, juicy sugar canes, bright turmeric bunches and, of course, big colourful kolams (Rangolis).
Colourful patterns and intricate designs in front of every house welcome the new season – the highlight of decorations for the festival is colourful kolams (Rangoli), which signifies prosperity. Now, its time to ignite the creativity and display the skills with the beautiful kolams (Rangolis)!!
This year, share your festival joy with us. Click a picture of your Kolam (Rangoli) and submit it via "Sri Sathya Sai Balvikas" app or website to participate in the ‘RANG BIRANGI RANGOLI - 2019' contest.
Let your imagination reflect on colourful or even the traditional, intricate kolams. Let's herald the new season together, in joy and prayers !
- Balvikas Alumni, Balvikas Gurus, Parents, member of Spiritual wing, member of seva wing are eligible to participate in this competition.
- Only one kolam/rangoli per participant is allowed.
- Artists may use kolam/rangoli powder, flowers, kundan stones or any related kolam/rangoli material
- Do not use chalk.
- Traditional sikkal kolam (complicated kolam drawn with dots and lines) is also acceptable for the competition.
- Kolam/Rangoli should be drawn on the floor of size 3 feet to 5 feet area.
- The drawing can be submitted as a photograph on Sri Sathya Sai Balvikas app/website from 15th January till 22nd January.
- Decision of the Jury will be final.
- Photo of the rangoli/ kolam submitted must be artist’s original work. If your photo infringes upon another’s copyright, it will be disqualified.