- MILLETS -1 CUP (you can use basmati rice too)
- coconut milk -1 cup
- onion-1 medium
- button mushrooms slit- 1/2 cup
- 3 green chillies slit
- curry leaves, mint leaves, coriander leaves,
- 1 tsp garlic ginger paste
- garam masala - cloves, cinnamon,cardamom, bay leaf
- soak 1 cup millets for 20min.
- In a pressure cooker, heat 1 tbsp oil, fry garam masala (cinnamon, cloves, cardamom,bay leaf), green chilly, curry leaves, mint leaves, coriander leaves,
- Add 1/2 cup onion, salt and fry .
- Add 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste and fry till raw flavour goes away
- Then add 1/2 cup mushrooms. Saute for 2 minutes
- Add soaked millets. Add 1 cup coconut milk and 1.5 cups water.
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles. We can also use basmati rice instead of millets in which case reduce the water.
- healthy mushroom pulao ready